12.13.2009

private

to go private or to not go private?
i deleted all of my previous posts, reevaluated a few things going on and decided that it was time to write not as much.

reason?
personal....
so many of my friends who record their family's "comings and goings" on blogs go through this decision and i seem to come to it often.  i am going through a child custody trial and think i should make my life more private.  then i have the other side that makes me think i am not hiding anything, enjoy sharing pictures and stories about jack {i think every parent does}... so for now, the previous blog posts are archived.  i know i will never get around to printing them but at least i recorded the fun things jack and i have been up to.

it's been a humbling experience receiving emails from mothers all over the country and switzlerland, uk and aus that have been reading my blog.  to know that i can maybe help someone who is going through a trial or motivation to get through their day; makes me incredibly happy.


family...
they have been there for me since the day jackson and i drove that uhaul home, weight off my shoulders from the things i had experienced and a new perspective on how great jack and my future is now going to be.

trying to "do it all" it all comes back to the relationship i have with jack. he is truly my everything. when people go through rough times, they cling to what they know is right. i have come to know that my Savior and Heavenly Father love my tiny family of two so much that he will protect us from any harm. i have found peace in knowing that during this rough time, jackson loves me as a mother - even when i fall short of not being able to be home with him all day like i use to. that has been a struggle for me to cope with. as most if not all single moms, we must work.  i think of him all day and bother my mom with calls and ask her to take him up to where i work so i can see him for lunch.  not just single moms have to work now but at times i feel like "i didn't sign up for this" or whatever attitude that is easy and then decide the better one is to just learn how to find happiness in each situation.  no point of finding pain in this short time.  all we can do is find happiness in everything.  everything.

so in a sense, i am grateful for these lessons. though they are hard, i feel i have come to know my life's mission - to help others get through rough times...

i am grateful.
i have been humbled but have room for more. hopefully i won't have to go through much more to become humbled but know it's not my plan but the Lord's.  if i put my trust in Him always i will always find peace. it can sometimes not the easiest road but it seems like the one i need to travel on for now.

8 lovely notes:

McCall said...

i am so glad you are back to your blogging. its good for you. its an out, a way to express what you are feeling. i am sorry for all that you have/are going through - but look you... you are finally saying that you are grateful for tought times. a year ago, i don't think you ever thought you would beable to say those words.

i love you to peices. and support you 110%... always... forever... and no matter what.

you are so lucky to have jack - he keeps you going going going and is in a different way, your little rock.

we love you both.

*p.s. scott just interviewed with a school in Pamona, Western Univeristy, keep your fingers crossed that we just might be neighboring cities... we can do weekly playdates at the beach and disneyland... sooooo fun! i will keep you posted.

Bracken and Bracken said...

I have never met anyone with more gratitude for their trials :) You are an amazing example to me and you and Jackson are lucky to have eachother!! I love you both.

S & K said...

I look up to you so much girl. I love you tons and you and your son are in my prayers. I hope all goes well and if you ever need anything just call. Much love! xoxo

The Clevelands said...

love you love you love you

Meredith said...

Love you, Mel!

ConnieB said...

This is beautiful- as are you.. INSIDE AND OUT! You are amazing..

R said...

Oh I've missed seeing your beautiful yet simple pictures and words. I love hearing your testimony of our Savior and Heavenly Father. They truly are involved in the details of our lives. It brings strength to bear these things and read them. Thanks for sharing... and coming back :)

Melly Mel said...

love you guys.xo

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell