5.28.2010

up-to-date-jack

jackson bo backson 
listening to: bon iver: flume
i like bon.
:
+++ my sister elise and her husband have been in town for a month or so visiting from utah.  they have been so giving of their time and patience in taking jackson to the beach and pool but today they took him, micah and jade to knotts berry farm!  so sweet of them!  she came home exhausted, wet and had fun stories to share.

+++ on the plane ride home on sunday we sat next to an single dad who was nice enough to play along with jack's antics.  jackson asked him to play games, color with him and talk about his trip to san francisco.  then when it got quiet, jackson started singing "i am a child of God" at the top of his lungs.  it was cute but it had me instantly sweating thinking who he was offending or annoying.  jackson looks like he is at least five so people look at me like i should be in better control...  i tried to get him to stop but he kept at it.

+++ i kissed him goodbye one morning this week and his put his right index finger on my bottom lip.  he said, "mommy, your lips are very big.  i am glad they are so big so i can fit both of my lips on just one of your lips."

+++ i was picked up on a date the other night and jackson thought his name was someone else and kept calling him that since it sounded similar.  then he said, "bring my mommy home, ya hear!"

+++ we are reading the B.O.M. together from the beginning.  it shocks me how much he listens but then he falls asleep to it.  it's a good habit at the least to keep up even if it's just a chapter a night.



+++ he tells me i don't need to run if he sees me right when i come home from it.  i ask him why.  he says, "cuz you alweady skinny."

+++ my mom said yesterday after preschool he put himself to sleep.  he went up to his bunk bed and crawled under his covers to take a afternoon nap.  they told me when he woke up he said he wanted to water the tomatoes jackson and i planted last week in the garden.  so sweet!

+++ i offered him some cookies the other night from guilt of being gone all day in school and missing him.  he said, "ma-um! i need vegetables so i can grow! cookies make me short."  who is this kid?  he would be mine....

+++ before bed we read a few other books as well.  he picks out the "s's" and tells me they make a "ssssss" sound and are the letter "two humps." in between one of the books last night, i caught him talking to himself.  i asked him who he was talking to.  he said, "oh, just Jesus.  i asked Him to come down soon."

+++ i bought new board shorts for him since he keeps growing.  he found scissors and cut a hole in his old ones.  he felt so badly when i found them that he hid under his bed.  i told him it was okay and that i could fix it.  he told me his cousin jade did it.

+++ we went shoe shopping on monday and that was crazy.  he has already grown to size 12!  he's three!  so of course he wants the spiderman, the lightening mcqueen and ugly light up shoes.  no can dooey sir.  i bribed him with taking him to get his nails professionally manicured (it's $5 for kids) at the nail shop next to the shoe store.  he loved it.  he sat on that seat and asked for warm water to soak his feet!  the ladies were cracking up and he ended up having three ladies surround him and doing all these different things to his hands and little feet.  too much?  i agree.
the manicurists kept saying..."he has so prett-e eye. look like you?
he look like little man!
he so funny!
can i take him home?"
it was kind of cute though to see his eyes light up and all the women in the nail shop were dying over the things he was saying.  i can tell jackson likes to be the center of attention.
(now i'm embarrassed i admitted this one.  it won't happen often...:) )

+++ so that photoshoot was down at my favorite beach, three arch bay.  one of my favorite photographers that i have worked for, for three years now came down to work with me and jackson for some concepts.  he had jackson dress up like a green superhero.  i told him he could be the green goblin from spiderman.  he was totally into it.  i felt like a pageant mom on the sidelines telling him to put his hands on his sides etc, but he's done shoots before so he had some fun with it.  i think i saw one of these images from the shoot on a van the other day.  stock photography is interesting.

+++ whenever he gets worked up over something (no one warned me about three-year-old tantrums) i have him  breathing (pranayama) like i do with my yoga classes.  it instantly calms him down.... he will sometimes say it with me... "inhale, exhale... inhale (breathing deeply) exhale (letting it all out - his oxygen out of his tiny lungs).

+++ tonight when i was scratching his back to sleep, he looks over at me with really tired eyes and says, "mommy, i just love you so much."

being a mom is the coolest.


















i can't help but 
dig it.

6 lovely notes:

jaybs said...

Melissa what a True GIFT Jackson is, there is no doubt the Love that he has not only for you but everyone! that is just so beautiful.

Having photo's since day one of his birth it feels as if I have shared every day with you and Jack that is a Gift and a Blessing, Thanks J xx

R said...

This is adorable. I love all the things your little man says. What a happy life!

Autumn Fauver said...

You have the cutest son! I love the green goblin picture! He will look back one day and say, mom you are the coolest for letting me take pictures as my favorite super hero! that was so much fun!'
Very sweet.
The photoshoot reminds me of my day as pretend superhero when I was like three years old, me flapping my cape around and dancing in front of the camera with my other super hero siblings... goodtimes. haha
Being a mom is so great! I dig it! I can't wait to have fun days like you just had with Jackson :)

Jaime Perry said...

What a perfect little man!! Me loves him!

likeschocolate said...

My heart is melting how sweet. At least he didn't try to pick up the guy for you on the airplane. Great Photograph!

robyn said...

oh my gosh, that vegetable comment - i laughed out loud.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell