4.06.2012

chin up, buttercup



being a hairstylist, i get the chance to talk to many great women. 
it has taught me to be a better listener, a better friend, a better person, a better mother, a better girlfriend, a better daughter, a better sister and many other things i can improve.  where else can you just talk to women of all different ages and stages in their lives and learn from them, than what i do?  sometimes their stories they confide to share with me sink deep and penetrate my thoughts when i come home.  one day i came home from hearing some pretty heavy stories that had me feeling so much love for these particular women.  
it felt as though my hands were tied behind my back, my mouth was unable to give the remedy for each situation and all i could offer was my new characteristic of true empathy i have earned through dealing with much life experience myself and a good warm hug for these women.  during these stories, i had these quotes running through my head that 
i would love to recite but sometimes never have the courage to do so. 
i myself am not close to perfection so these quotes hold much value to myself in becoming that better person i always strive to be. 

"True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion."
-- Gordon B. Hinckley, Stand a Little Taller





























1 lovely notes:

likeschocolate said...

Thanks for sharing all these amazing quotes.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell