4.19.2010

action jackson in april so far.

jackson did it once again... another week of funny things.  i love that people like to read about him.  some think i make this stuff up and then they hang out with him and realize i forgot to mention so much more than i do on here.  i try my best to type it all out since my memory serves me as well as an old lady.

- he puts a finger over his lip to make an imaginary mustache and then talks in a low voice!  i know... totally funny.  he usually does it in the morning and often times when at the airport.

- the other day my mom found him on her white couch in the living room looking out the window with scriptures in his hand and he looks up at her and says, "mimi, i'm talking to jesus"

- we were exploring the disney website on the preschool section and a truck comes up {tow mater for those moms familiar} and he sincerely shouts, "oh mom, he is so pretty!" his love for cars lives on.

- when he wakes up he walks out of the room with a blanket over his head.  he will sometimes ask me, "mom is it christmas?"
me: no
J: "is it my birthday?"
me: no
J: "is it easter?"
me: no
J: "oh, okay."

- he makes up the most bizarre stories.  he will take one part of his day, retell that one part then it leads to getting a baby alligator, then the shark bit him and so on.  i have to tell him it's not good to make up stories but then i kick myself for not giving him credit for his imagination.  it's when those stories turn into weird, twisted, not even close stories that people would question.

- this morning he told me we don't have a real car because we need to paint eyes where the lights are and paint the rest of it red.  thank you disney.

- he asks me almost daily who i am going to marry.  thank you disney again.

- from my weekly mom emails updates of what jack should be doing, it said that this is the fearful stage.  it sure is.  he is afraid of mostly everything any kid can be afraid of.  pincher-bugs, spiders, snakes, sharks, bigger kids, mean people on his shows and the easter bunny.  its hard for me to reassure him that all of those things aren't a reason to be fearful because i harbor somewhat of a secret fear for all of them as well.

- when at the pool, he flirts with girls.  his tactics are way off... he follows them around everywhere. gets in their personal space and then splashes.  splashes.... yes. like not just a few drops, like splash after splash until the girls run to their moms and the mom gives me that look like you better keep your kid away from mine, look.  then i tell him that splashing doesn't make friends.

-  this happens daily.... i take him out of the bath, he gathers a pile of bubbles and tells me his "bubble friend" is coming with him.  he talks to the bubbles and then gets bored of it and throws it in the sink on average 10 seconds after coming out of the bath.

- he loves to be naked.  always has and still does.  i think every guy would prefer to be naked so i am grateful for jack showing me this from the beginning stages so i can understand men better.  thank you jack.

- he is still asking me for a baby sister.  i wish i could give him one so he could have someone to play with when i get boring.

- he makes deals with me.
like, "mom if i am a good boy, you can give me a popsicle" or " mom, if i am a good boy, i can play with so and so." then the second he starts to act up, i use whatever he wants to shift him right back to his goal.  works every time.

i love this little boy so much.  can't imagine my life without him.

2 lovely notes:

Unknown said...

Reading about your little man makes me kinda sorta wish I had one of my own -- this from a woman who swore all her life she only wanted female children. :D

Cheryl said...

He is so cute!! I have still never gotten over my fear of pincher bugs!! They totally creep me out!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell