4.05.2010

april fooooools

on april fools, i totally believed everyone. i seem to fall for it every year.... and i'm extremely gullible.

 wasn't on the computer much, but when i did see the status updates on facebook, i couldn't believe so many people were engaged.


i didn't congratulate them via facebook because i figured if i was close enough to them, they would call/text me.  plus it seems like everyone is getting married lately that it wasn't hard to believe. i saw that my bff was moving to germany... devastating but excited for her.

then, i am out running errands and i get a call from my mom.

mom: "melis, mitch just told dad that lindsay is pregnant!!!"
me: "i just saw linds!  she didn't tell me.  how exciting!!!! i can't wait to see her soon!"

so i immediately call linds.
she tells me mitch was playing a trick on my dad.
so bummed.

so later that night my dad asks me to help him get back on mitch.
we go up to his office and he compiles this email:



Family & Friends,

Since this is going to so many people, I will apologize up front for the blind-copy.

Lindsay (Mitchell's wife) is pregnant with their third!   They are so excited as Cindy and I are!   I have really gotten into being a grandfather and can't wait to see if we will have a granddaughter or grandson.

For those that don't have their email addresses (they have changed in the last two years), here are Mitchell's and Lindsay's --  they will love to hear from you.

"Mitchell Lundquist" <@am.jll.com>
"Lindsay Lundquist" <gmail.com>

For those that don't know that they moved, here is their new address and contact information:

Mitch & Lindsay Lundquist
5555555 address


Mitch's cell:  555.5555
Lindsay's cell:  555.5555 

Anyway, you can see that we are really excited.  I am certain Lindsay and Mitch would love to hear from you. 

Vic



of course the real numbers and addresses were shared.
i went on both of their facebook pages and went through a majority of their friends' email addresses... random friends they haven't heard from in years.
he blind copied them all so mitch and lindsay didn't even know who got the email.

i was g-chatting her soon after the mass email got sent and talked to linds about it all.  she said mitch was impressed my dad one-upped him. they were getting loads of emails and too many calls that they put their phones off the hook!  everyone congratulated them all night.

we were laughing so hard on our end, imagining them writing emails back in reply to this false announcement.  my sister elise responds to my dad's email by calling and telling him that lindsay was so upset at him.  my dad felt so badly.  then elise april fooled him.

BAM.
linds was laughing.  she thought it was funny.


so then, today... (sunday)
lindsay and mitch announce they just found out yesterday (saturday) that they actually are pregnant!
so the rest of the emails they are getting in response, they can thank them.

pretty funny though.



i get to be an aunt again to their lovely babies.  i need more nieces and nephews.  yay!

4 lovely notes:

Alexa Mae said...

this is too awesome! love it!!

Cheryl said...

I love it!! Congrats (for reals this time, right?) to Mitch and Linds for me!

Sarah said...

How funny it sounds like your brother and sister-in law have a lot of explaining to do. Congrats!

Rachel said...

Thats hilarious!! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell