4.01.2010

purple + yellow makes pretty

this past weekend in san francisco, mountain view, danville and san bruno seemed very mellow.
i read two books, ran everyday, visited friends, hung out with chickens and went shopping with my aunt.

one of the highlights was driving home from the city.  my GPS broke somehow, so i had to use my better judgement to find our way home.  i have done this drive so many times so i totally thought i could just follow my usual way... maybe some signs that say los angeles...?

i got lost.  oh did i get lost.
i was on some random highways where people were able to drive across.
so my GPS on my phone tells me three hours into my drive that i had another five hours....
i was so bummed.  this drive takes me six to seven hours total.
at least i have a great traveler that kept me laughing and then he would sleep the majority. 

the upside about it though, on our way to bakersfield, the hills opened up to the prettiest lavender hills on the left and amazing mustard field hills on our right.  there were grazing cows on both sides and then the full moon was out with a beautiful blue sky.  i couldn't stop smiling.  was this real?  where am i?  jackson kept pointing out the white cows, the brown cows and how pretty the hills were.  so glad jackson enjoys the earth's beauty at his age.  

that drive that took longer than expected was so refreshing.  
i kept thinking to myself, how could people not believe in God?  like really.  it was breathtaking.  who else provided such beauty?  i want to go back there with a photographer sometime and see what they create.  it would be a photographer's dream.

my good friend monti was in san fran with me last time and here are some of his rad photos from it...
he is the v.p. and one of the photographers for indie rock reviews.











4 lovely notes:

Traveller said...

Sounds amazing!

likeschocolate said...

Great photos! We have friends who live in Danville. Anyway, SF is a great city. Have you ever eaten at Fog City Diner. It is such a fun restaurant!

Cheryl said...

Danville is one of my all-time fav. cities. One day when we are rich... (: When I was younger my best friend lived there and we would walk from her house to downtown and go to the Jelly Belly store. I wonder if it is still there?

ConnieB said...

if you have the motivation to run everyday in SAN FRANCISCO I should have the motivation to do a walk around the block to get the mail at least once a week. You've inspired me to get off my ace.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell