5.03.2010

a cup of cake

oh hi blog world.
guess what...
i can't upload pictures anymore. 
weird right? i know.  so weird.
so this is going to look very grey until i figure this out.

{insert imagination here.... cupcake picture}

you know how cupcakes are the new craze?  what's the big deal?  i prefer cookies over cupcakes personally. maybe that scene of that rather solid kid eating chocolate cake on witches ruined it for me? i am always the girl that licks the frosting on of the top, dissecting the rest by making a pile of the mystery middle on one side and picking at the remainder of the cake.  i still find myself doing it to the many wedding cakes of the weddings i go to monthly.  is that rude?  maybe that's etiquette i should have learned at a young age.

random tangents...

i like to bake.  it's relaxing to me.  even if kids are running around the kitchen throwing play-dough at each other, babies climbing up my legs, phones ringing... being in the kitchen is somewhat natural to me.  in no way am i claiming i am good at it but it's something that makes me feel like a lady.

my point is this. cupcakes are cool and all but let's not obsesses over them.  totally my opinion that most of you will disagree with.  but if i start seeing cupcake stands instead of lemonade stands on the side of neighborhoods in jackson's generation... i don't know what i'll do.  nothing i'm sure of it, just thoughts of wonderment of why such a small, cheap yet pretty thing can be so overtly popular amongst so many.

so for those of you that need to go to AA for cupcakes... here is your fix for the day if you haven't received it in other forms:
this lady loves them.  she had pretty fun pictures.
gluten-free yellow recipe - so yum
cereal lovers and cupcake lovers made a baby
if i had time, i would throw a party like this for a friend of mine that is a cupcake lover....
watch this:

2 lovely notes:

Malia said...

I feel the same way about cupcakes. I find that home made ones are just as good, if not better, and at the end of the day I'd rather have a cookie too.

Speaking of food, I started your detox this weekend. So far, so good. I found myself craving cheese today but I made it through the day without a crack.
If you have any more food ideas I'd love some.

meredith c. said...

oOoOOooh, im so glad i found this.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell