7.27.2010

a little bit of this and that



listening to: kate nash :: mouthwash ::

on friday morning shauna and i decided to drive to san francisco that night.
'ya know, when our night plans were finished, we would just drive there.
so i picked her up and we did just that... starting at something like 11pm.

luckily she stayed up with me and we ended up talking and laughing the whole way there.
we arrived at 5 something a.m.

when we woke up we got some things done, i cut her hair by the pool and then met up with nicole gerulat ---------------------------->
who showed us a few new places around the filmore district.

one place in particular,  la boulange bakery that had the best of everything a bakery can offer.  at least that is what the girls said since i am no longer able to even think about having gluten.  their organic mint tea was pretty good though.


shauna and i walked around for a while in the boutiques, shops and stores.  if you haven't heard of her, she's pretty talented.  she can make and do almost anything.  in the jonathan adler store, we kept liking things and then i would ask her if she could make it or if together we could make it.  99% it was a yes.

{we left the trader joes peanut butter cups in the car which melted into a perfection of happiness. shauna is displaying this idea she made of just spooning it out of the carton. such a mistake turned good}
we drove around haight and ashbury but luckily she has been to the city enough that she doesn't need to be touristed around.  we made some funny music videos... shauna is a fun girl.  we snacked on my gluten-free finds all day.

at night she was completely fine with my idea of seeing inception!  we grabbed dinner to go (sushi and her BBQ salad) oh my goodness was it good.... (the movie)




picture by bree rio and makeup by my friend lindsey martins (reenacting the film's look)


i loved that movie.  i am still thinking about it.  i have too many thoughts about it that i probably shouldn't blog about it.  i want to see it again soon so i can piece more of it together.

the next day we both slept in.  i can't describe in words how happy i was when i woke up.  it's been THAT long since i've slept in.  i felt like a new woman.


we think this parking structure was once a hotel.  the ceiling was legit.

so was this lady...

S: "so if this place is so good, then where is everybody?"
M: "it's like, mid-afternoon"
she loved it.

after having a long day of busy things we did, i picked up jackson to take him home!


we drove back after having a huge dinner at my aunt's house in palo alto and are back now.
so nice to be home together.
so there it was, our weekend.

8 lovely notes:

Claire Kiefer said...

Sounds AMAZING! I live in Oakland and work in SF and I just love the bay area. So much to do and see, so much beauty. And on top of it all, perfect weather. Glad you had such an incredible trip.

Sarah said...

It sounds like a perfect weekend. Sorry to hear you have to deal with celiac. I can't even imagine living without wheat. The great thing about S.F. is the availability of great bakeries and food stores.

Unknown said...

Lucky you! That sounds like an amazing trip. And speaking of trips, Inception was *such* a mind trip! I'm still thinking about it, days after I saw it.

lauren brimley said...

Um. Your weekend sounds perfect! I am so so so glad you had a glorious time!

xoxoxo!

Shauna said...

oh it was so great. I loved everything about it. Well besides that part about how i had a lack of sleep hangover all day at work yesterday.

I wanted that yellow curry for lunch today SO bad.

JMay said...

This is awesome! I live in SF and am pretty proud of my city. I'm loving on your blog right now :-) You & your little superman are the absolute cutest pair!

alyssa said...

how great!

ps I didn't know you were no gluten too!

Autumn Fauver said...

Sf is my absolute favorite city to visit! I had the pleasure of visiting a few weeks ago and I was in heaven!! I finnally got to see the jap tea gardens it was amazing! So glad you had a great day and I thought also I should tell you ive been doing a yeast cleanse and Ive lost like 10 pounds!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell