7.20.2010

oh these make me happy

matt pond was super rad.
my friend corey cooper invited me to see him at the detroit bar in costa mesa. his openers were pretty cool.  i think he was a bit frustrated that the sound was off a little but
 shook it off with grace.  a lot of my friends happened to be there so that was unexpected.  this picture is stolen from my friend robin's blog... who we stood next to.




parlor hawk is on tour and fortunately i had the opportunity to go to both shows here in california.

first night was at my favorite venue, hotel cafe.
they were awesome!  the crowd really liked them!

then the next day they played in san diego at lestats.
the band hung out at my house before their show.  they are all such cool guys.
my entire family was there including my grandparents since they live in san diego.

we had such a fun time!
one of my favorite concerts i've been to.




MGMT:
my friend kylee johnson who is a new artist to the scene touring with sugarland soon. ..
invited me to come to the Greek to see MGMT
her friend chris picks music for many different networks on television so we had great seats.
that venue quickly became my favorite.
being outside with the thousands of people made it surreal. old people, moms with their mulleted kids, punk kids, indy kids, couples everywhere.
i wish they played "boogie down" as that is my favorite song, but they played a lot of slow songs.
we had a lot of fun!!!  kylee and i danced anyway.


1 lovely notes:

anna said...

i can't wait for parlor hawk to hit tacoma next month! weirdly, i'm wearing my PH band tee today! ha!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell