11.28.2012

the alchemist

i am loving this book i am reading right now.

 The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho 
truly amazing.
the author is so intelligent.

some of my favorite quotes are here:
“Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life.” 

“To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation.” 

“You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it's better to listen to what it has to say.” 

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” 


“Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” 

“We are travelers on a cosmic journey,stardust,swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share.This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” 


“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” 


“So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” 


“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” 


“The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” 


“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity.” 

these are just a few pages that really stuck out to me.
here are a few reasons why i enjoyed this book...
i want to apply faith to something worth my efforts, my passion and my desire to become better so when i read a book like this, i find that ability to overcome anything.
my emotions have been surfacing lately with the current tides but this book has re-centered me back to what i need to focus on.  
i have seen some of the hardest trials in my lifetime that most people will never have to face yet there has been a silver-lining within each of them.  the doubts that have come from my own self thinking it is too hard or that there is no lesson has been superseded by the strength i have earned from each one.

life is what we make it.  
we write our chapters in our life everyday with each choice we are faced with.
when i think of my own personal book of my life, 
i want it to be full of purpose, show who i really am throughout the entire book with an ending that could encourage future generations to be long-suffering, find their own endurance, achieve anything they apply themselves to, and to find the happiness in all situations in life.
to watch someone i know go through similar trials i have been through would be very hard for me to witness but would be something i could better empathize through my new found characteristic i received from much life experience.  

i would have loved to have my first son live,
i would have loved to care for a physically disabled child,
i would have loved to not have a brain surgery,
i would have loved to be in a healthy marriage,
i would have loved to not have to share my son hundreds of miles away,
i would have loved to not have a brain aneurysm, 
i would have loved to have life be as easy as it use to be...

but then i wouldn't know empathy like i do
i wouldn't know how to console a mother who lost their first child,
i wouldn't know how to deal with health issues of my own and others,
i wouldn't know how to fully appreciate a healthy marriage when we have one,
i wouldn't possibly appreciate a healthy child as much as i do with jack,
i wouldn't understand how we are given trials to understand what true happiness is.

my hope for the remainder of my life book are chapters filled with 
a grateful and trusting heart, a wise mind, a good listening ear, 
and most especially a more purpose driven life.

so that is my mantra about life and the goodness of this book.
hope you get a chance to read it!


0 lovely notes:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell