6.19.2010

happy "pops" day

i hope you all have a great father's day weekend and spend it with important men in your life.
we will be in carlsbad with the grandparents at the family beach house.  it should be fun.

{picture of my dad}

my dad is such a rad guy.  we have always been close.  he is super mellow, fun and likes to make people laugh.  i love him to pieces.

i will always buckle my seatbelt because of his childhood constant reminders, i will always think strawberries are afrodisiac from the countless times he tells us all, i will always think of him when i listen to U2, i have perfected the sunflower seed spit because of him, i have gratefully known my grammar from him, i get my courage from him to try anything worth the effort, i get my love for the ocean from him and my love for eating things that use to swim from the ocean from him.

i like father's day because i'd rather give than receive but am one of the worst gift givers.  it has to be thoughtful, unexpected and nice.  i feel like men usually get whatever they need when they need it... so...

these are some things my dad would like:
and maybe could help you for those procrastinators out there...

tickets to a local museum
{most men are history buffs or artistic in some fashion}

{link}
a library full of books.



he loves root beer
and fake beer from venezula.

 
my dad loves toast.
maybe not.



Art Print - NO DANCING DADS
found here.
my opinion: nah.
he wouldn't like this.  freebie.




paperweight for all of his desk clutter.
mirrors even.
he can floss while organizing his desk....

a photobook full of the whole family all neat, simple and clean.
designed by an apple of course...
interwar:bastardette
tickets to travel somewhere where you wake up really early and go to bed late because there is so much to do.  an excel sheet for the entire trip would be planned out and schedule filled with a free day to do whatever you want.





i would never gift these unless i got them in san francisco.
designed by twin brothers.

some new frames for his photography
for his home office

a card that says this...
jackers
not for my dad...
but for jack's dad.

cake1.jpg
all seasons of cake boss.
{anything with a camera, he digs.  especially a nikon}
my dad loves this show.
time well spent together remembering good times
prints found here


happy father's day weekend!

2 lovely notes:

Cheryl said...

I love this posting Melissa!! You are so creatively wonderful!

likeschocolate said...

love the bread slippers!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell