3.11.2010

blackbird chirped yes


Listening to: Mouthfull of Diamonds

here is that post that maybe won't make much sense to anyone, or maybe no one. those posts that i feel naked at the end. not any kind of naked but the kind of naked you dreamt about in high school where you show up to school without clothes and you are stuck in a massive group of people all starring at you to see what you are going to do about it.  people who know me best might tell me i was too raw; too honest.  its one of those nights that i just need to free-hand-type-write out my thoughts and not worry about grammar and what people will think about me.

How has life been lately?  Oh man.  It has been interesting.  Lots of highs. i'm in a good spot.  Too many highs for me to be use to.  Where is the fall?  Where is the big - just kidding... life is going to get complicated again?  or is this where things begin to ease up a little?  i remember when things felt the thickest, my dad told me something i will never forget... it only gets busier from here.
...tuckered out all the time but no sleep...

no more.  i can sleep finally and i sleep a lot.  i always have a lot going on, but now i can finally feel like i can really breathe.  i use to be a planner, do other's finances, plan other's lives, outfits, solve problems, etc... then my life went through a "set" similar to those of the shore of the ocean.  a surfer knows it best.  you sit on your board waiting for a set.  when it comes, you paddle hard, turn your board, paddle harder, jump up with both feet and ride the wave.  i did that throughout my life really well.  then i hit a reef (so to speak) and when i came up for air, i found another wave hitting my face before oxygen.  then recovering from that wave and needing that clean air that i craved, unexpectedly another even larger wave hit my face.... so on, and so forth.  i was given a little break to get back on my board but before paddling so to speak, i was hit with another set of waves.

now this storm has come to a calm. a calm that has lasted so long, i am just thinking it's time to paddle in...

it makes me believe that i am ready.

ready for that transition to change.  i am basically armored for anything.  i feel like if i was thrown a curve ball, i wouldn't blink, i would open my eyes wider to know how to catch it from any side.  bring it on.  i can handle it.                ....okay but really this break has been incredibly nice so i'm cool with no curves. thanks...

people often times hit me with {men in general} "you are so independent, where would i come in the picture?"... um hello... i live with my mom and dad.  yes my personality is very independent. i feel completely comfortable showing up to a party by myself, can use the public restroom in the ghettos of santa ana - with pepper spray without a group of girls, pick out my own outfits by myself, shop super quick because i hate shopping, travel by myself, etc etc, but really i like people.  i like having a special someone.  it's been a weird funk i've been in.  i was talking to my sister about this the other day.  we were talking about ever since i was allowed to date, i have had a boyfriend.  the second that boyfriend didn't work out, i had another, then another, then married... then now single.  single in a weird awkward way.  dating a lot.  maybe i am making up for all the time i was always in a relationship.  i missed out on going on those marathon dates i heard about or where you go on a breakfast, lunch and dinner date with all different people in one day.  but hey, let me tell you... it's fun yes, but this hill is steep and i'm going down it quickly.  this independence or small relationships lasting only 6 months tops has been so unlike me.  however, i must say i have been very untrusting.  there i said it.  they say when you go through trauma or a huge break-up you need to heal.  i guess this time has been healing time and i can't just wave my magic wand since i'm healed and ready for the right one to come along.  or the couple that i have dated in the past that could potentially be the right ones but sadly i totally blew it.  if only it would be normal for a girl to call a guy {this is my world - not the present world} and confess her true love.  how much that guy meant to her and how she should have showed it; instead she {i} was worried and over protective.

this sister and also friends have mentioned how great i am when i was married.  how it is my calling in life next to being a mom.  this sounds like a plea to get married.  no no.  please don't take it that way.  i just see dating these days as full of awkward conversations at times, guys expecting girls to not be old-fashioned, not really dating the girls, thinking texting is better than phone calls, getting less eye contact and full of untrust.  which all equals to me: poor communication.  being married previously i know that if you establish a playing field of games and weird communication habits, you set yourself up for failure.  

okay off my soapbox...

so back to things i'll soon regret i typed... i have been on a lot of really fun dates.  it seems like the blind dates are spicier, the set-up dates aka: referrals... have been sweeter, the guys i have been going out with are more blunt, more creative, more humble, more something.  i don't know.  or maybe my perspective has changed?  i do know that i am getting close to something good.  yes, possibly committing in the near future.  letting someone in me and jackson's life for reals.  i once again, am ready. 

with all of that said... i must sleep on this and possibly wake up in the middle of the night deleting it.  who am i kidding, this isn't a personal journal. plus who cares?  i am a single mom with feelings.  

9 lovely notes:

Malia said...

I'm cheering you on 3000 miles away.

Elise said...

i care, i care!!!!

it's def. been a rollercoaster ride since you & (uh-hum) split up... but we could tell that you were healing, and can def. see that are you ready to find that NEW man. and you've been ready to be a mom at such a young age, so we know that, and i think if you didn't have jackson, this would be even harder for you to go through.

But don't delete this post. It's raw and if people can't handle raw, they need to get away from it.

Robin said...

I like these kind of posts from you. A little insight into your beautiful mind and heart and life. You deserve good things and I know you will get them! Good luck in finding your happy ending/beginning!

S & K said...

Love this girl! You are such an amazing woman. You are going to find your happily ever after with a great guy that is going to treat you the right way. I love when you write your deep thoughts. You are a bright girl, and I admirer you for all that you have been through and the way that you handle life's daily challenges. xoxoxox

Kiley

na said...

These are the kind of posts I like reading but restrain from authoring. Genuine honesty is the only thing with value anymore. It's odd and yet reassuring to me how homogenous life is across the family of humanity.

Cheryl said...

I love how you write. I love that I can get on your blog again, because your headers were always so cute, and I tried and tried, but now my computer is cooperating and I can see your blog. Thanks for what you said, I think we all go through this in different ways, in different trials. and maybe, just maybe you have given me the courage to open up and be raw, I've tried, but always saved it for later. Maybe this time I will really push publish (or post, whatever it says). Thanks for being you. Love you.

Cheryl said...

PS I love the edges of brownies too! That's the only part I'll eat. (:

robyn said...

i love that you let us read your heart. there is nothing better than raw and real... trust me, we are kindred spirits in this radical idea. to say what's in our souls, unedited and unfiltered. you are amazing melissa. no one compares. i just admire you so much. honestly. keep writing, i'm backing you up one hundred percent.
loves.

Unknown said...

Thank you for baring your heart -- reading posts like these makes me feel better about being what I am, a messy human being who has hopes and fears and desires, damnit. *pushes you back on your soapbox* :-)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell