3.23.2010

first blush

listening to: jenny owen youngs



here is one of those random ones i do...

i have been in this health hype right now (i wrote about a diet that many of you ask me for... go here for more info).  i read my fitness magazine finally and there was an article about how if you eat your orange peal... the entire peal, it takes your body up to 500 calories to work hard to digest it.  so i have been trying different methods of consuming these said oranges.  it's not the easiest to swallow the peel, so i made a smoothie.  i mixed my veggies and fruit green drink mix, a dash of orange juice, water, ice, frozen mangoes, raspberries, parsley and then the entire peal... blend.
it's divine.  you should try it.
it looks like blended garbage but pleasantly good.  maybe it counteracted all the calories i put in it?

in one of the articles, it said it takes 26 calories to kiss for one minute.  hmmmmmm.... so i got to thinking.  i usually count in my head how many calories i am burning while enduring my long runs in the morning but maybe i should try a different method.  change is always good right?

+i pulled my hamstring the other day doing lunges.  i had just finished an hour run and wanted to perk up my could be mom bum.  i think notorious B.I.G. came on my shuffle and i started shaking my hips while lunging out of natural instict... and strain.  pure strain on the muscle.  i have been blessed with a high tolerance of pain, so i continued to lunge, then ran up bleachers.  the next morning... uhhh. pain.  i still ran but i am wondering if i should rest it. nah.

i have been extremely weird with my cravings lately.  like peanut butter at 10:30 at night.  its not really a craving, more of a need.  then i get this craving for carrots.  my skin is turning orange!  i am of course not pregnant but these cravings are very uncanny.
i am really blonde.  not just here and there... like blonde blonde.
i think everyone else is adjusting at the same pace as myself. 


i really like this book collection by paul octiavious
when i first glimpsed at it, i thought... this would be so fun to have in the house...
a house without a child.
maybe an office.
it encouraged me to think of how jackson keeps telling me he doesn't want to be "free and a half" anymore.  he is ready to be four.
august eighth two-thousand and ten baby.






i'm pretty stoked that the spring has sprung.  i never minded much that the groundhog decided that it would come later than expected.  i like the spring.  oh but am i tempted to buy easter dresses.  that is my downfall.  i held my friend's little baby girl the other day and it melted my heart.  she fell asleep on my chest right after class.  ahhhhhh, swoon.

the other night my parents babysat for me.  they always help me out but this night i wanted to get them something special.  i bought them "his and her" snuggies.  my mom - cheetah to match her fufu dog's sweater and then my dad, cobalt blue.  when i saw my dad's face as he was rushing to open his present, it was cracking me up.  he was so excited.  he got it out of the plastic, handed it to me and then put his arms out so i could "snuggie" him.  i put it on him and he danced around, posed for pictures!  it was pretty funny.  here is a shot...


so jack has been getting up at the middle of the night from snoring and nightmares. so sad. i wish i could fix that but all i can do is lay next to him, scratch his back and play with this sweaty hair.


he has also been sleeping in.  i have to usually wake him up to barely make it on time to preschool.
speaking of...
lissie is a pretty unique and fun girl. her video just came out.
if you are ever in los angeles, she plays usually at hotel cafe.
ooooh, she is great.



oh yeah, no big deal.  i just wrote the most random post.

4 lovely notes:

Kristin said...

Ooo we just saw Lissie play in Nashville last week. She's a force of nature. Love.

Unknown said...

Random posts for the win! And I remember being shocked, shocked, shocked when I learned that you were blonde. You look beautiful light or dark. :)

R said...

Hooray for random posts (story of my life) AND healthy smoothies!!! I love to hear I'm not the only odd person that loves to put my greens with my fruit in a smoothie-- and NO added sugar. It's the only smart way to go. The other day I got desperate because I was out of spinach so I used a bunch of romaine lettuce and I was a little worried about a grodie taste BUT AU CONTRAIRE! It tasted freshalishous.

The point to this really long comment is you're smart. And I like you :)

Melly Mel said...

No way Kristin! I had no idea you have seen her! I love her. She's rad.

Rach, I like you too!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell