3.04.2010

j-dawg update

listening to: cat power - free
my hair is dripping wet like this picture above.

this is going to be quick jack update...

so we are in the phase of the "why" ... "why did Jesus give me my hands?"... "why did you brush your hair like that"... "why is that man bald"... 
why questions like that.  it makes me rethink saying certain things to avoid the WHY or contemplate why things are the way they are.
that saying in Matthew 18 1:6 is such a great example of the relationship jackson and i have. he reminds me daily to be meek like a child in some way or form.

yesterday we were driving.  he rolls down the window and throws out his gum.  i asked him what happened? he said, "the window ate the gum and then it flew up to the clouds to Jesus and now he is chewing it; but he won't swallow it mom.  he will spit it out when he is done."
++ we have been working on not swallowing the gum he chews but he mixed that with whenever he has let go of a balloon i tell him the clouds ate it.  made me smile.

we are also in the fear phase.
he is afraid of everything.
especially villans in his favorite movies or his play spiders.

we also are into what he wears.
he wants to wear the same bear shirt, orange shirt and same sweater everyday.
if i pick out his outfit, he usually changes it.
good thing his only options are the options i've given him...

top three things i say almost everyday all day to jack are:
1. pull up your pants buddy
2. your head doesn't fit between the couch and wall
3. you don't need to say hi to every person that walks by

 this kid completes me.  he makes me want to have a slew of jacksons and just have this great life hanging out with cool kids all day talking about whatever.

he is one of the many reasons i will never feel a shortage of reasons to be happy. 

5 lovely notes:

jaybs said...

Melissa.

I would give Everything and Anything to have a GIFT of a Jackson! - what Love.

Sarah said...

Jackson is an amazing little guy and you are one awesome mom.
PS
Cat power is my absolute favorite to listen to when I'm cleaning or organizing. The feminist in me loves it.

likeschocolate said...

He is super adorable!

robyn said...

love. love. love. the picture. (yes, i usually love everything three times over.)

robyn said...

p.s. my favorite is "your head doesn't fit between the couch and the wall."

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell