3.17.2010

brittanyrenephotography

i recently helped my friend out with her photography business she owns 
and had a lot of fun with the project.


my friend from high school brittany waddell {aka: dhhs 2000 dolphin mascot}
took up her talent for photography years ago.
i have admired her work for sometime now.
i tend to like photographers that aren't typical yet know how to give you a feeling when you see the picture.  i really believe brittany does that.
her objective or focus is mainly weddings but she does other aspects.



this dress i am wearing is one that i put together somehow the day before 
and then an hour before the shoot, i realized i didn't hem it enough or pull it in on the sides enough!
its sort of hard to sew on yourself and not a manikin...



so it's rather large but we tried to pin it in the back with my hair pins!




jessica, my best friend from childhood, is also close with brittany so 
brittany had her bring her twins!
**joseph and daniel**
swoon.






that felt really weird posting all these pictures of myself 
especially without jack in any of them.
to see the rest, unedited: go here.

10 lovely notes:

Robin said...

Sometimes I can't get over how beautiful you are and how perfect your bone structure!

Unknown said...

Well, I for one think the dress is lovely! :)

jenn (+ will) said...

beautiful melissa!! we need to hang out soon!

Sarah said...

You look lovely. Great job on the dress, I love it!

Aubrey Messick said...

LOVE these gorgeous pics!!!!!!

robyn said...

simply gorgeous. you & the photos.

likeschocolate said...

Fantastic photos! I love the dress even if it is not hemmed correctly. The shoes I will be on a hunt for some thing this fabulous!

McCall said...

i LOVE you lighter hair in these pictures. are these recent? you look beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!! Absolutely breathtaking. Can you blog about how to do your hair so I can do my girls like that? And I love your shoes!

Melly Mel said...

Thank you very much!
I will totally blog about my hair. no problem :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell