1.17.2010

some things that make me incandescently happy

just to name a few...


- you know that feeling when you are in a cold building and you are miserably uncomfrotable but alert?  this happens to me probably more than most since i have poor blood circulation apparently.  then when you walk into your warm car... then even better going straight to your warm bed in two layers of clothes with lots of covers.... makes all of that discomfort worth it.

- peeling lint off the dryer screen.  gross?  i love it.

- putting dishes in the dishwasher.  i get excited about it.

- when reading jack a book i've been reading to him for a while and he starts to finish the sentences for me. it makes me feel like he has been paying attention even on the nights he would rather jump on the bed then be mellow and read.

- i love it when my friends answer the phone to tell me they will call me right back.  for some reason that rubs me the right way and i want to try to do that.  i usually just let the call go to my voicemail but for them to say they are busy or whatever and will call me back puts that personal touch back into everything.

- i get excited about thai leftovers.

- simplicity always.

- hearing a great talk/speech that moves you to be better, do better, forgive someone, love more and give more.

- people who have gaps in their teeth.  it seems so rare here in the states but it's fun to see it.  i have a friend who models and she has the cutest gap.

3 lovely notes:

robyn said...

i used to have a gap in high school. my dentist loved it so much he told me i should never get braces to fix it. but i did, right after i graduated. - if you can pull it off with confidence it's adorable. but, after living with it for so long - i wanted it fixed. honestly, sometimes i miss it. <3

robyn said...

i used to have a gap in high school. my dentist loved it so much he told me i should never get braces to fix it. but i did, right after i graduated. - if you can pull it off with confidence it's adorable. but, after living with it for so long - i wanted it fixed. honestly, sometimes i miss it. <3

Unknown said...

Awesome post! Gaps make me smile. :) I used to have buck teeth, but no gap, alas.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell