1.05.2011

our time in mesa, arizona




we were in mesa, arizona for twenty-four hours together.

we kept busy doing things like throwing oranges against the concrete walls, eating oranges like they were becoming extinct,   skipped rocks like we were by a river, piggy-back rides galore and we went to my {hands down} very favorite place... PITA JUNGLE. it has my heart. i ate more than my stomach wanted but i knew it would be years until my mouth would have such pleasure. i am craving it now...

the next day, one of my dear dear friends rachael harris, who i met when we all lived in san francisco, who is from mesa; she took jackson and i out on the town. 

after lunch at this fun mexican place downtown where we met another friend of mine, ashley, we went to the skatepark with our boys. i wish i still had my old blog from when i lived in SF because i have the cutest pictures of duke and jackson as drooling, sweaty babies together.  now they are tall, strapping boys.  rach now has another cutie, named boss who made me want to take him home with me.  

we got the boys ready and let them play outside for hours.  duke knew how to tear up the bowls.  boss was super cute showing me how he jumps on his board. jackson tried new things on the board. they played hard for hours. nothing is better than watching boys enjoy a sport  they love.
it was so nice to catch up with a friend that has been a part of a chapter of your past and reunite.  she is so great and i loved our time together. my next step is finding an open denistry office her husband can take over so they can live closer. i'm so selfish.

after we went to the airport. we were in the security check-in line and jack had way too much energy. the lady behind us tapped me on the shoulder and said, "i have to say you have the most pose and carry a calmness about you that is rare among mothers." that was so sweet of her to say, as i felt like i had no control over my sugar-filled, DS-playing four-year-old who knows all the drills the TSA expect.  

we flew home and were greeted by my sweet family. it has been so nice to be home and back to reality. having jackson back with me is amazing. he keeps running up to me to melt into me. i love having him home and try to relish every second possible.

2 lovely notes:

likeschocolate said...

way to cute to see the boys in their skater outfits complete with vans at age 4. Wow, what a stylish friend. Love her seguin jacket. Glad you had such a wonderful visit in Mesa. Happy New Year!

anna said...

you are more lovely every day. i love the short hair on you! and your boy is a dreamboat! i hope 2011 is good to you.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell