2.07.2010

oh isn't it romantic


being a romantic my whole life makes me wonder where it started.  was it the first time i saw "the little mermaid" and that part when they are on the boat hooked me?  or was it the fact my grandparents travel often to far off places where my mom would tell me she would visit germany wearing tights and feed the doves?  or could it be all the jane austen books my mom encouraged me to read that soon turned into reading all the nickolas sparks books?  one guy told me it was all the movies i see but really, i'm not a chick-flick type of girl.  could it have been all the herbal teas i would have at a young age?  or how much floral my mom dressed me in "laura ashley style" that made me feel like i was wearing the home's drapes?

either way, i am a romantic.  i love the hues of romantic photography that is captured in the moment {as my older post recognized} i found this website where i picked through some pictures that make me think it's "romantic photography"

one thing i hate about being a romantic, is the side that it can be cheesy.  i try my best to stray from that side by avoiding cheesy-romantic guys,  predictable books/movies and sayings.  i like original romance.  

in all of this romance streaming in my blood, it makes me smile.  i hope these pictures do it for you too.


















9 lovely notes:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

So beautiful! I think I want to print some of these out to hang on my walls.

I'm a romantic too :)

jenn (+ will) said...

so sweet melissa!

Magen said...

these pics are so beautiful...thank you for sharing!

McLove said...

Loving them all:)

Rebecca Waldron said...

Beautiful pictures! Your blog is inspiring.

Rebecca Waldron said...

P.S one time we both went to an Ingrid Michaelson concert. I found your blog and love your story. Keep it up!

The Clevelands said...

It did it for me.

Liese said...

this is such a lovely post

Sarah said...

These images are lovely. Love your blog Melissa!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Edits by Danyell